اصطلاحات غلط زیادی در وب سایت های ایرانی هستند. اگر سرچ بزنید تو هیچ دیکشنری پیدا نمیکنیدشون. اینم لیستی که من سرهم کردم. منبع: دیکشنری لانگمن
twist/wrap/wind somebody around your little finger
to be able to persuade someone to do anything that you want
Ed could wrap his mother around his little finger.
رگ خواب کسی را بلد بودن
to know somebody's weak point(s)
نقطه ضعف کسی را بلد بودن
to push someone's buttons
کسی را تحریک کردن (مخصوصا جنسی و عصبانیت)
• I know how to push his buttons."
• I know what buttons to push."
• I know where his buttons are."
• she always seemed to press his buttons.
to know exactly what motivates someone.
• A good teacher has to be able to motivate her students.
what makes somebody tick
the thoughts, feelings, opinions etc that give someone their character or make them behave in a particular way
• I know exactly what makes him tick
• I’ve never really understood what makes her tick.
• After working with him for five years, I still don't know what makes him tick.
• As a teacher, you need to get to know your students, find out what makes them tick.
سرحال آوردن, انگیزه دادن, به حرکت و تلاش دراوردن
press/push (all) the right buttons
to get what you want by behaving in a clever way
• She seemed to push all the right buttons.
• He pushed all the right buttons.
• These are words which are all designed to press the right buttons among women voters.
روی نقاط کلیدی مانور دادن